FULL-TIME (50+ weekly hours), EXEMPT
The District Manager’s (DM) role is to oversee, evaluate and direct the activities of four or more General Managers (GM). The DM is also responsible for monitoring sales and controllable costs in their assigned district (i.e. food and labor cost) and providing guidance to GM’s regarding staffing, proper enforcement of policies and procedures, meeting sales/food/labor targets and new product rollouts. DM’s work with GM’s to increase sales volume in their areas and are required to regularly audit stores in their district to preserve consistent company brand standards. DM’s report to a Regional Manager or directly to the Director of Field Management.
- Know and embody the Mission, Vision and Core Values of Blake’s Lotaburger.
- Demonstrate the highest level of customer service any time DM comes into contact with customers by being polite and friendly, (especially when handling complaints) and require all store-level employees to do the same.
- Motivate management staff and crew members to perform all job duties with customers in mind; foster a positive environment of respect for coworkers and customers; provide positive reinforcement where deserved and constructively address policy violations as they arise.
- Possess expert knowledge of Blake’s Lotaburger General Employee Policies & Procedures, as well as Book 1 & Book 2 Policies & Procedures.
- Ensure that all management and crew comply with all Blake’s Lotaburger Policies & Procedures.
- Enforce all Blake’s Lotaburger Policies & Procedures through appropriate coaching/discipline when a violation occurs.
- Address GM and crew member conduct through enforcement of company policies and procedures by coaching, appropriate discipline and if necessary, discharge. Seek assistance regarding any employee relations or disciplinary issues through your direct report and HR Department.
- The DM must have an expert-level knowledge of appropriate recruiting and interviewing techniques. Must be proactive and consistently hire qualified, skilled applicants, thereby avoiding crisis hiring, and building a strong bench.
- Assist with training and development of all crew members to allow for proper succession planning of future shift, assistant and general managers; provide feedback on performance with all crew members.
- Implement and monitor the Blake’s Lotaburger training program in stores for management staff and crew members.
- Work with Regional Manager/Director of Field Management to plan tailored ways to increase sales within the specific market, and optimize food and labor costs to meet targets.
- Train and retain management staff and crew members in appropriate inventory/ordering practices, monitoring of operations, “shopping” the store, and sampling products.
- Ensure the store are in compliance with all applicable laws, including but not limited to: food safety, premises safety, equal employment opportunity, and workers’ compensation reporting. Educate and train your employees to comply with the above laws and regulations, encouraging compliance and proper and timely reporting of any issues or concerns.
- Spend significant blocks of time in the stores in the district as outlined by the Director of Field Management, as well as on an “as needed” basis.
- Attend monthly Field Management meetings (DM Meetings), in addition to meetings with other Blake’s Lotaburger departments as requested.
- Perform other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Ideal candidate will have a college degree in management or comparable experience, plus three or more years of restaurant management experience.
- Must be able to provide at least two (2) professional references demonstrating an ability to effectively supervise employees, drive sales increases, and meet food/labor targets.
- Ability to work at least 50 hours per week, including varying evenings, weekends and holidays. Flexibility is critical for management level employees.
- Ability to work on an on-call basis in emergencies.
- Appearance must be professional, neat, clean and well-groomed. Visible (neck tattoos are prohibited) tattoos must be appropriate and facial piercings may not be worn at work, but clear “spacers” or “piercing retainers” are allowed.
- Must be able to quickly become proficient on Blake’s Lotaburger restaurant operations, General Policies & Procedures, Book 1 Store-Level Operations, and Book 2 Multi-Unit Operations.
- Must have expert understanding of health codes and procedures for handling raw meat and eggs.
- Possess high level computer skills to include electronic mail, Point of Sale system, BOH system and the ability to generate and analyze complex reports.
- Must possess strong teamwork and communication skills.
- Ability to read/write/speak in English.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English is a plus.
- Ability to read, understand, apply and adhere to policies and procedures.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check, including a motor vehicles record search.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- ServSafe Manager Certified
- This position will require some overnight travel.
Essential Physical/Emotional Requirements:
- Physical requirements include: lift up to 25 lbs. unassisted and 50 lbs. assisted, ability to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time; bend, stoop, climb and reach. Ability to work in a warm/hot and at times, cold (walk-ins/freezers) environment is a must.
- Must be able to safely work with knives and other sharp objects, wearing any necessary protective equipment when needed.
- Work well with others in a team environment, often sharing tasks and/or collaborating on solutions.
- Work scheduled hours while physically present in the restaurant. Weekly schedule must include at least two evening shifts and one weekend shift, in addition to Holidays.
- Ability to see and hear.
- Ability to multitask and work under stressful conditions in a quick service restaurant environment, dealing with customers and other employees. Tolerate a reasonable amount of stress.
- Ability to handle difficult and/or sensitive situations either with customers or other employees using tactful, appropriate and effective communication.
- Ability to drive for long periods of time.
Blake’s Lotaburger’s policy of equal opportunity includes the following: race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, familial status, gender, sexuality, gender identification, sexual orientation, age (40 and over), veteran status, genetic information, or physical/mental disability (or perceived disability) or any other status protected by local, state or federal law.
This EEO policy applies to all decisions regarding recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and terms and conditions of employment. Blake’s Lotaburger will not tolerate any form of harassment, discrimination, retaliation on the basis of any status protected by local, state, or federal law.
Blake’s Lotaburger, LLC will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact the Human Resources Department at [email protected] or 505-884-2160 Ext. 1644.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.