CREATED/REVISED DATE: 01/2022
JOB DEPARTMENT CODE: Management
TITLE POSITION REPORTS TO: VP of Operations, General Manager
The Assistant Manager is responsible for managing the daily operations of our restaurant, including the selection, development and performance management of employees. In addition, they oversee the inventory of food and supplies, optimize profits and ensure that guests are satisfied with their dining experience.
High School Diploma or the equivalent. Valid driver’s license.
A minimum of 2 years of job experience affiliated with the specific duties outlined.
Primary responsibilities include:
Oversee and manage all areas of the restaurant and make final decisions on
matters of importance to guest service.
- Adhere to company standards and service levels to increase sales and
minimize costs, including food, and labor costs.
- Responsible for ensuring that all financial (invoices, reporting) and
personnel/payroll related administrative duties are completed accurately, on time and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Settles credit card batch daily.
- Makes daily sales deposits.
Food Safety and planning
- Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas. Ensure compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances.
- Responsible for ensuring consistent high quality of food preparation and service.
- Maintain professional restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards.
- Supervise portion control and quantities of preparation to minimize waste.
- Must be ServSafe certified and uphold all ServSafe guidelines.
- Must be CPR certified.
- Ensure positive guest service in all areas. Respond to complaints, taking any and all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests into return guests.
- Manages restaurant within Secret Shop guidelines and maintains a 97% average.
- Ensure that proper security procedures are in place to protect employees, guests and company assets.
- Ensure a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents. Completes accident reports promptly in the event that a guest or employee is injured.
- Manage shifts which include: daily decision making while upholding standards, product quality and cleanliness.
- Completes monthly safety checklist and submit to HR with Action Plans.
- Investigate and resolve complaints concerning food quality and service.
- Provide direction to employees regarding operational and procedural issues Interview hourly employees. Supervision, development and, when necessary, termination of employees.
- Conduct orientation, explain Weck’s Philosophy, and oversee the training of new employees.
- Develop employees by providing ongoing feedback, establishing performance expectations.
- Fills in for vacationing management as needed.
- Assists with covering shifts in the locations when employees call in.
- Completes any tasks assigned by GM, VP of Operations, Owner and HRD.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personnel services.
- Complete knowledge of computer systems.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, scheduling and compensation.
- Knowledge of supplies, service and/or maintenance ordering.
- Some word processing and data entry skills.
- Supervisory skills.
- Sense of urgency
- Highly organized
- Detail awareness
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
- Work is normally performed in a restaurant setting.
- Some travel within the city may be required.
- A great deal of physical effort is required. Heavy lifting, bending, and standing and walking for long periods of time.
- Exposure to heat or cold and some chemical exposure.