Come join our Team!!
- Appropriate personal hygiene must be maintained at all times being neatly groomed and dressed.
- Sets up station according to Garcia’s guidelines and standards.
- Prepares all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
- Follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation set by Garcia’s Kitchen.
- Maintains appropriate portion control and consistently monitors food levels on the line.
- Restocks all items as needed throughout the shift.
- Cleans and maintains station while practicing exceptional safety, sanitation, and organizational skills.
- Has understanding and knowledge of how to properly use and maintain all equipment in the kitchen.
- Assists with cleaning, sanitation, and organization of the kitchen, walk-in coolers, and all storage areas.
- Adheres to proper storage and hierarchy of food.
- Maintains personal health and sanitation standards.
- Knows to keep track of and report all food that is wasted.
- Must handle and rotate al food products properly.
- Ability to demonstrate a complete understanding of Garcia’s menu.
- Ability to be cross-trained in all areas of the kitchen and line.
- Review work procedures and operational problems in order to determine ways to improve service, performance, and safety.
- Maintain a clean uniform and understands that he/she is always on stage.
- Ensure 100% compliance with all Garcia policies and laws, including health and safety standards.
- Timely completion of clocking in and out for meals and shifts.
- Adhere to Kitchen Manager and Assistant Kitchen Manager’s instructions and directions.
- Must sign and adhere to Garcia’s Confidentiality and Nondisclosure Agreement.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to memorize menu recipes to ensure speed and accuracy.
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Must have some knowledge of knife skills and good hand/eye coordination.
- Excellent organization and problem-solving skills.
- Standing and walking during entire 8-hour shift.
- Lifts and carries supplies, cases up to 50 pounds.
- Reaches, bends, stoops, lifts, shakes, stirs, pours and carries.
- Beneficial to speak, read and write English
- Beneficial to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Knowledge of sanitary regulations regarding the maintenance of stored products.
Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience
- Must be 16 years of age.
- Reporting to work on time and regular attendance is mandatory.
- High School Diploma, GED certification or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years full service, high volume, family-dining restaurant experience.
- Bi-Lingual a plus.
- Must be able to successfully pass a background investigation, if required.
- Must successfully complete the NM Food Handlers course and/or the Serv Safe Certification course within 30 days of hire date, if required.
- Pre-employment and random drug screening, if required.
- Good pay
- Benefits – Medical Insurance with Employee Contribution
- Benefits – Voluntary Vision, Dental and Life Insurance available
- Garcia Team members eligible for food discounts
- Garcia uniform clothing discounts